Wednesday 22 May 2013

Review of 2012-13

REVIEW OF THE 2012-13 SEASON FOR ME

85 Matches I've been to this season, from little villages in Cornwall like Wendron to around Notts Senior League Grounds and Central Midlands Grounds.

Some great moments include raising a staggering £803 plus for the Cancer Unit at Kings Mill Hospital in Mansfield after being told I'm in remission for the 2nd time in July 2012.

The First ever Notts Senior League Groundhop where the attendances even shocked me and ran like clockwork.

Visiting so many lovely clubs who just made me and Hazel and of course Shawn so welcome across the country.

Meeting so many friends through Non League Football, including fellow Bloggers and of course Hoppers and club Volunteers around the grounds.

It all begin at a new ground for me on a rubber pitch in Arnold at a school, where it lashed down with rain but I saw a entertaining 3-3 draw between Southwell City FC and Wollaton FC and ended at the Notts Senior League Senior Cup Final where the impressive Bulwell FC not only beat Keyworth United FC to win the trophy, but went through the whole season with just one loss and that was narrowly to Carlton Town in the Notts FA Senior Cup.

I am always asked questions like what is the best game you have seen this season and whats the best goal you've seen etc, so I'm going to try and answer them if I can.

Most Improved Ground Visited
BASFORD UNITED FC
Since the groundhop last season, the work that has gone in to this ground is remarkable in such a small space in time. Though a lot of work had been down at Wendron United FC.

Best Game Seen
Bulwell FC 3 Magdala Amateurs 2
The visitors really gave the hosts a real match and were unlucky not to get something out of the match.

Best Goal Seen
Jack Lomax 35 yard second goal for AFC Hucknall v Sutton Town AFC.


Most Friendliest Club
Far too many to mention, so the list could go on and on.

Best Beer
SELSTON FC
cant remember having 6 pints of Strawberry Cider!

Best Food
ST BLAZEY
The cheesey chips and sausages were beautiful.

Funniest Moment
AWSWORTH VILLA
Showing Kim from Sweden the view from the ground of a IKEA and told him it came as a flat pack on the Saturday Morning and it has been built just for him!

BEST PROGRAMME
WADEBRIDGE TOWN
Full of information and a real good read.

MOST IMPROVED PROGRAMME
BLIDWORTH WELFARE
Scott Ward has worked hard on this programme for his club and though not the best in the Central Midlands League, it is one of the best in the South Division.

BEST WELCOME
HOLMANS SC FC
On arrival was greeted by Sec and clubman/player Neil Pitt, was given a couple of programmes to which he had done a page about me and even found a photo of me and my grandson, still no idea where he got that from! Really went out his way after inviting me to his club the season before.

BEST PERSON
HAZEL HORNBY
Without my wife Hazel who drives me about due to me being epliptic and in remission from Hodgkins Lymphomia, none of this would be possible. She runs the programme stall at the Groundhops and helps raise the blogs charity funds doing the raffle as well.

I know I have possibly forgot some people and clubs on here, so if I have please dont get offended.

With that, I have to go hospital to the Cancer Clinic on 1st July, where I will be handing over the cheque to them. I will of course post the photos on here.

Meanwhile I have already set up next seasons blog and chosen a small group for my charity as they are in need of help. I have also added some pre season friendlies on there as well


Please click on and have a look

No comments:

Post a Comment