Thursday, 2 May 2013




A mid afternoon phone call to good friend Daz Wragg to see if he was going to Blidworth enabled me to get a lift. Daz hasnt been too well and has to go in to hospital for a op in the next few weeks, so me and Hazel would like to wish him and his family well.

On arrival, we was met by Blidworth Secretary Scott Ward and bought a programme, which must be the most improved in the CMFL this season. Along came Mr Clipstone Barry Clark and then was greeted by Real United's Sec Jevon Swinscoe, a nice lad who enjoys a joke but boy this guy can talk without taking a breathe, but he really does have enthusiasm and its great to see a 18 year old like him involved in the Non League Game.

Fellow Blogger and friend Malc Storer arrived and we headed down to pitchside just before kick off and we had hardly stood still, when KEIRAN WHALIN had opened the scoring after just 57 seconds to give Real United a early lead. The game to and frowed and BRETT WATSON broke through and chipped the oncoming keeper to make it 1-1 after just 9 minutes.

Real then stepped up the pace of the game and looked the much better side and looked the more likely team to score the next goal, the big surprise was that we had to wait until the 38th minute to see it, when DALTON STEPHENS put away a penalty. The smell of the half time coffee was brewing and with thoughts of heading up the famous Blidworth 39 steps, Real increased their lead when ANTON DANIELS headed the visitors in to a 3-1 half time lead.

A nice cuppa and a chat with a few at the top of the steps, then it was to venture back down to pitchside, this half belonged to Blidworth, who fought well and did the majority of the attacking, but everything ended up in the keepers hands, apart from one breakaway where the attacker looked odds on to score but seemed to have too much time and the keeper went down to his feet and smothered the ball. With 10 minutes to go, Real's ANTON DANIEL got the ball on the left and smashed it across goal in to the top corner to make it 4-1.

This meant another goal in this game would mean that the blogs charity would reach a milestone of £600 towards the Cancer Unit at kings Mill Hospital, where I am due to hand over the cheque in July. 

With the clock ticking down and running deep in to injury time, veteran MATT MCKENZIE burst through and scored, to great cheers from me and Jevon.

After the match it was in to the clubhouse, where a quick pint and a chat with Roger Henry who has done excellent work with his club and obtaining a 15 year lease on the Inspire Stadium only this week, which has taken some hard but continued graft.

Just before leaving Blidworth's Manager Lee Cook had a chat with me and kindly donated £10 to the charity, so thankyou Lee.

Blidworth will now finish bottom of the table, which is a pity as they do play the game the right way and they have excellent facilities,so they do have the capability to build on the pitch in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment