Saturday, 8 September 2012

Borough Hold The Key

Notts Senior League
Senior Division

This morning I got up with the intention of going to Church Warsop to see FC05 play United FC in Division Two of the Notts Senior League, as I got no reply on the phone after several events, I looked at other games and this appealed to me, as I had never seen a match at Nottingham University before and with Attenborough FC at home on the Bonanza and Keyworth an away side it was nice to put faces to names before tomorrows meeting with the 10 clubs involved.

The ground has a nice feel to it, it has a large car park and the players changing rooms are inside a pavillion, with the pitch roped all round.

Attenborough kicked off in glorious sunshine down to my right and were soon in to their stride and were ahead after the centre forward had tapped in to the net. It was the same player who put them 2-0 up after 32 minutes(see pic above) when one on one with the keeper, the keeper spread his body wide and the ball landed over him goal side for the forward to blast in to a empty net.

Half time came and I was given a nice cuppa coffee by the Attenborough FC Secretary Terry Allen who has been with the club nearly 30 years now.

Back to pitchside and Keyworth Manager must have said some nice words to his players at half time, as they came out and attacked the homesters goal and the keeper had to be in good form to pull off 2 good saves, but was finally beaten on 51 minutes by a long shot which he must have seen late.

On 64 minutes, the Attenborough Centre Forward who was making his debut had not only increased his clubs two goal advantage but scored his hat trick.

Keyworth must have felt gutted as they had had the lions share of the second half so far and had not given up and this showed when the tricky right winger hit a long shot into the net after 81 minutes to leave us with a close and exciting 9 minutes at 3-2.

The best was yet to come when the Attenborough winger picked up the ball and was spot on when he chipped the ball over the advancing keepers head and in to the net on 84 minutes to wrap up the points for the home side.

A good match with both sides wanting to play football and credit to the referee who got on with the game with no cards shown.

Pictures from todays match can be view on this link

No comments:

Post a Comment