Wednesday 19 December 2012

GLAPWELL WORTH THE WIN


Central Midlands League
Phoenix Trophies Floodlit Cup - North

GLAPWELL FC 4 BRODSWORTH WELFARE 2

This match had been postponed the past 2 Tuesday Evenings due to the bad weather we have been experiancing, but tonight the game was in no doubt.

Good friend Darren Wragg offered to pick me up and arrived around 7pm, as we arrived, we was greeted by the Chairmans wife who was on the gate, whilst Debs the Sec was frying burgers and doing the teas.

We soon bumped in to Steve from Rotherham and Pete from Mansfield Woodhouse, as we was chatting, the Chairmans wife who usually runs the clubshop asked if I would give a hand and help a chap out with a programme exchange, it turned out to be one of the Scarborough fans I know who lives in Northampton but on his way home for his Christmas Holidays.

The game kicked off whilst I was in the Club Shop and with 8 minutes gone, it was the Derbyshire side that had taken the lead through GREEN. Then came the 200th goal (this season)I'd seen or not as I was still in the clubshop when SMITH leveled on 20 minutes. Still in the clubshop and GREEN made it 2-1 to Glappy on 26 minutes. On the half hour, I got out the clubshop and joined Steve and Pete to put the worlds wrongs to right. Just before half time, GREEN completed his hat trick on 44 minutes and then me and Darren were guests of the club in the hospitality suite.

Back out for the Second Half and again I joined Steve and Pete and Dazza joined us. The play on the pitch was end to end but Glapwell having the more of the chances and on 54 minutes MURCOTT headed home Glapwell's fourth and there looked no way back for the visitors.

The referee then removed the Brodsworth Manager from the bench, it may have bee something he said but I was the other side of the ground, so couldnt hear that far..I;m not deaf..unless its my round!

Brodsworth to be fair didnt give up and on 64 minutes SMITH pulled a goal back to make it 4-2.

Just before the end of the match, out the stand appeared Richard Lane and his son Rikki who is home from Uni and also Harry Hawkins and Steve Haslam.

Before I could thank Glapwell for their hospitality, Darren got a phone call from his wife and his daughter had been taken ill, so we had to dash off.

Glapwell FC Website

Glapwell FC Twitter

Brodsworth Welfare FC Website

Brodsworth Welfare FC Twitter

Upto date information on Notts Senior League Groundhop Bonanza
There are very few seats left on the coach
For information on the Bonanza please click link or e-mail me on hornby60uk@yahoo.co.uk


 

No comments:

Post a Comment