Thursday 25 October 2012

STAVELEY HAVE PLENTY IN RESERVE


Central Midlands Football League
Supreme Reserve Division

STAVELEY MW RESERVES 3 SOUTH NORMANTON AFC RESERVES 0

Not often that I go and watch Reserve team football, but a Thursday Evening and my friend running the line and offering me a lift to a match was too much of a temptation for me to refuse.

It must be 10 years since I have been to Staveley's Inkersall Road ground, since my last visit, the ground has altered and what a credit it must be to Chairman Terry Damms whose company has put a lot of work and pride in to this club.

There is a new large clubhouse with a bar and a nice kitchen area, and large tables with the club logo on them all.

I was met in the kitchen area on arrival by club sec Ele Reaney, who has a City In Guilds in Catering, not often you see that in Non League Football, Ele gave me a free cuppa and I bought a Staveley MW mug to add to my collection from this friendly club that reached last seasons FA Vase Semi Final. I then had a fosters before kicked off.

I strolled along the dugout side of the pitch and had a chat with the new South Normanton Reserves and ex Kimberley Town FC Manager and Chairman Graeme Critchley.He explained that his home wasnt that far from Normo and we had a chat about our partners.

I moved further up the line and met the Chief cameraman of Staveley and also twitter of the club and another chap filming the match with his son and we all had a chat. 

The First Half was played end to end and both keepers were called in to action with the play very equal, but what separated the clubs at half time was the delightful slot in goal by PLANT..excuse the pun that he planted the ball past the outstretched keeper.

In the Second Half, I chose to sit over in the main stand the other side of the ground and got talking to several Staveley MW Under 19 players who were a bit cheesed off that their match away at Worksop was called off.

In the 57 minute, SMITH doubled the home sides advantage when blasting home from close range after the visitors were caught in possession after playing the ball across their back four. The visitors tried to push forward but the home side stood firm and after 65 minutes, the home left winger was brought inside the box and up stepped Royals to blast the ball well over the bar.

Subs were made on both sides and fresh legs seemed to help both sides attack, but it was Staveley sub BATES who put the game out of reach in the 78th minute when he finished well from 20 yards with the keeper well beaten.

A well run club Staveley Miners Welfare are and well worth a visit, one of the clubs that do appriecate Non League Football and the community.

Staveley MW Website

Advanced Tickets for the Notts Senior Football League Groundhop Bonanza are now on sale..For more details please click the link below or e-mail me on hornby60uk@yahoo.co.uk


Dont forget you can follow me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment