Saturday 21 July 2012

Lovely Ground, Lovely People

Pre-Season Friendly

Kimberley MW 2 Radford FC 1



Well with never had been to Kimberley MW's Digby Street Ground and with them being on the Notts Senior Football League Bonanza this season this seemed the right time to pay them a visit.

On arrival I was met by Radford FC's Danny Staley and he took me down to show me where Awsworth Villa's ground is before returning back to the ground, where home manager George Hulley met me and gave me a Cuppa coffee.

The 2 sides were out on the pitch and across came old friend and now new manager of Radford FC Iain McCulloch, ex Notts County player and Arnold Town Manager, gee he has aged just like me, put on the odd pound in weight and also got a bigger parting in his hairstyle!

Then across came Radford Sec John Holt who kindly donated £5 towards the Blog's Charity for the Cancer Clinic at Kings Mill Hospital in Mansfield, a BIG thankyou John.

I was then introduced to the Sec of Kimberley MW who had met me at the meeting I had with the Notts Senior League Committee a few months ago and we had a good old chat about the upcoming Bonanza.

The game kicked off and it was decided before hand that the game was to consist of 3 30 minute thirds(not halves lol)..Radford looked the better team to adjust and had the better of the opening exchanges and went in front after only 3 minutes.

The Second Third(are you still with me?) Kimberley MW were a lot more relaxed and looked a lot more confident and fully deserved their equaliser after 35 minutes.

The sun blazed and Bob Thomas Chairman of Radford and a fellow Committee member of the club bought me another Coffee, as we stood chatting in to the Third Period, Kimberley MW took the lead.

Radford then tried to push forward but shots direct at the home keeper and wayward shooting didnt help their cause in looking for a goal that would have put them level, though they had to be on their guard as the homesters kept breaking and could well have added to their lead.

Very Good Friendly match played in excellent spirit by good nice clubs at a lovely venue, those coming to the Bonanza later in the season will enjoy this place.

Please follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/robhornby

Pictures from todays match can be found on the link below

Radford FC Website

No comments:

Post a Comment